Friday, May 16, 2014

Four Things I'm Excited for This Weekend

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!  Even though Mark is both on call and has drill this weekend, we are making the best of the beautiful weather and the adventures New Orleans has to offer us this weekend.  Here's five things I'm looking forward to...
 
 
It's my favorite way to spend a family Friday.  We'll be walking down to the Kingpin bar with Jane in her stroller to meet up with the folks from Taceaux Loceaux.  We come with our Coleman chairs in hand and set up on the neutral ground for a taco picnic that's Naturally Nawlins.  If you haven't tasted these amazing treats, you simply must.  I cannot go without the Messin' with Texas brisket taco and I usually go for the Kermit Ruffins BBQ Pork taco with Pineapple salsa, but if they have the Chubster (hard shell with ground beef), I think I have to try it.
 
 The pool at the club we belong to opens up Saturday!!!!  We are all so excited for the summer season to begin. We'll be heading that way for some lunch and a dip in the water Saturday.
 
Jane will be starting swim lessons there in June, and I am aprehensive but excited for her.  Is there anything cute than a tiny tot in her swimsuit?
 
 
 Saturday evening, after drill in concluded, everyone will be joined by their spouses (that's me) for a very celebratory promotion party.  Mark will be all decked out in his Air Force tuxedo.  How handsome!!  Here's an old picture from his brother's wedding when he was in his Navy tuxedo.  What is it about a man in uniform!  I am always humbled when I am surrounded by the men and women who choose to serve our dear country. I look forward to spending time with all of them.




 

 
 Jane will be sleeping over at her grandparent's house Saturday evening.  Which means....  we can sleep in.  Woohoo!!!  Of course, I am sure that I will still wake up at 6:30, but I can lay in bed for a bit and dive further into the new book I'm reading called Party Girl by Erin Shaw.  It follows a recent graduate on her move to The Big Apple to follow her dream of gracing the Broadway stage.  Along the way she finds herself strapped for cash and finding ways to survive the concrete jungle that include starting a princess part planning company.  I am about a quarter of the way through and dying to know what happens next!
 
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment, friend! Oooo I'm going to the library tomm, I need to find this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought that book on Amazon yesterday after reading your post, and finished it this morning. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought that book on my Kindle after reading your post yesterday, and finished it this morning. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails